These instructions should work for most version of Unix running KDE. You should also note that these instructions are mainly for UBCO ITS staff and may not be applicable to your needs.
1) To setup a Novell Printer under KDE you must first start Printing Manager (KDE->Admin Tools->Printing Manager)
2) In Printing Manger click the Add button and select Add Printer/Class
3) Click on Next and select Remote LPD Queue
4) Host = ptr.ok.ubc.ca and Queue is the novell print queue name minus the context. Example: SSC007-laser-1
5) Select the appropriate driver from the list. For UBCO make sure you select the HP Laserjet Series drivers
6) You should have have a Test button and a Settings Button. Click on the Settings Button and setup the printer details as required.
NOTE: Make sure you set Page Size, Page Type, and Input Slot to Manual Feed Tray if those options are available.
- Generic Windows Tweaks
- XP Spooler Subsystem App error and Crash