I installed a local obs (opensuse build server) server for our development and package management and ran into a couple of small issues.
1) I recommend using the obs-server package from the devel branch of the project.
2) When you are looking at the "Show Package" screen you will see that the packages are linked to http://127.0.42.2 which obviously won't work if you are not on localhost. In order to correct this you need to add the following to your /srv/www/obs/webclient/config/environments/production_slave.rb file
EXTERNAL_FRONTEND_HOST = "yourobs.domain.com"
The "yourobs.domain.com" address should translate to the /srv/www/obs/frontend address you setup in /etc/lighttpd/vhosts.d/obs.conf
3) When you do a search for packages on your local server some of the items come up with the address http://127.0.42.3. In order to change this you need to modify the production_slave.rb file listed in step 2 and have the DOWNLOAD_URL point to the domain that you have in your /etc/lighttpd/vhosts.d/obs.conf pointing to /srv/obs/repos.
In order to translate the Project:SubProj:SubSubProj paths you should also enable mod_redirect in your /etc/lighttpd/modules.conf file. Your obs.conf for /srv/obs/repos should also have:
dir-listing.activate = "enable"
# the following redirects the project name Proj:SubProject to Proj:/SubProject
# to match the actual file path on the system
url.redirect = (
"^/(.*):([^/].*):([^/].*):([^/].*)/$" => "http://download.obs.ok.ubc.ca/$1:/$2:/$3:/$4/",
"^/(.*):([^/].*):([^/].*)/$" => "http://download.obs.ok.ubc.ca/$1:/$2:/$3/",
"^/(.*):([^/].*)/$" => "http://download.obs.ok.ubc.ca/$1:/$2/"
I am sure there is a better way to deal with the rewrite of : to :/ (especially since you can have many subprojects) but for now this is what I use. If you have something better please let me know.
- AoE Software RAID in Linux
- Package Signing on Local OBS